IST-Africa conference on the development of the Information Society and Knowledge Economy in Africa through - International Research Cooperation, Innovation and Entrepreneurship has started in Nairobi Kenya, has started in Safari Park Hotel in Nairobi Kenya.
The IST-Africa is supporting the Information Society in Africa through:
- Knowledge Sharing and Skills Transfer between IST-Africa Partners
- Supporting Implementation of 8th Africa-EU Strategic Partnership (Science, Information Society, Space) including Hosting JEG8 Meetings
IST-Africa also directly supports the goals of the African Ministerial Council on Science and Technology (AMCOST) and the Consolidated Plan of Action for the African Regional Action Plan on the Knowledge Economy (ARAPKE).
The Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance (CHRAGG) is participating in the conference, and is going to present on the newly developed system which allows citizens to submit Complaints before the Commission using Short Messaging Service (SMS). The Complaints can be sent using a basic phone or advanced phone. The idea of the new system is to allow Citizens in the Country to be able to report human rights violations and abuse of Good Governance principles to the Commission. The new innovation is part of the Commission plan to take its services close to the Citizen and the more focus is to create a system that will reduce the cost of complainants to submit the complaints to the Commission.
Mr Wilfred Warioba from the Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance, responding to the comments raised during the prentation of SMS for human rights system, at Safari Park hotel In Nairobi.
Mr. Wilfred Warioba from Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance and Mr. Patrick Chikumba from University of Malawi
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW YOU CAN SUBMIT
COMPLAINT BEFORE THE COMMISSION
1. Open SMS where you write message: write the Complaint starting with the word Report followed by complaint and send it to 0754 460 259
a. Example 1: Report The village xx we have problem with leader mm and we have evidence he is abusing the power
b. Example 2: Report Employer xxx is not paying us our salaries and it is more than 3 month he is threatening to sack us.
2. Once you click send button, you will receive automated message (acknowledgment) and number and email of where to send aditional evidence (at this stage the Investigation staff from the Commission will ring back to confirm the complaint) be read to provide him/her more evidence.
3. Once the Complaint is verified as a genuine complaint, it will be processed in the next step, a new complaint file will be opened, and you will receive a message on your phone confirming that the Commission has started to investigate your Complaint and you will be provided with the reference number to use in future when you contact the Commission.
To follo up successful complaint follow the following steps
1. Open your phone SMS, type the word STATUS followed by the Number given on No.3 above
2. Send it to 0754 460 259 you will receive automated message from our system telling you the stages/status of the Complaints
3. Example : STATUS 13024
IN SWAHILI: JINSI YA KUWASILISHA LALAMIKO…
1. Tuma lalamiko lako ukianza na neno ‘REPORT’ kwenda Na. 0754 460 259
2. Mfano: REPORT Shule ya Msingi kwetu, DSM tunanyanyaswa chapwa viboko zaidi ya 10
3. Utapotuma utapokea ujumbe unaokuarifu kuwa lalamiko lako limepokelewa Tume, na utapewa namba au barua pepe ikielekeza kama unayo maelezo zaidi yatume kwa TUME. (Maofisa wa TUME watakupigia tafadhali kuwa na maelezo/vielelezo muhimu ili uchunguzi uanze mara moja.
4. Lalamiko lako litakapoanza kushughulikiwa, utapata ujumbe wa simu ukikujulisha Namba ambayo utaitumia kufuatilia lalamiko lako. Namba hii itatumwa kwako kupitia namba ya simu uliyotumia awali wakati wa kuwasilisha lalamiko lako.
JINSI YA KUFUATILIA LALAMIKO LAKO…
1. Utaweza kujua hatua ambazo maafisa wa TUME wamefikia kuhusiana na uchunguzi wa lalamiko lako kwa kutuma ujumbe kwenye namba 0754 460 259.
2. Andika neno‘STATUS’ likifuatiwa na namba ya jalada uliyopewa kwenye ujumbe wa simu (angalia Na. 4 hapo juu) na utume kwenda Na. 0754 460 259.
a. Mfano: STATUS 13024.
Flyer (SWAHILI VERSION)
can be downloaded from http://chragg.go.tz/?page_id=43
Mkutano huo umefunguliwa na prof. Kiamba unafanyika katika utasaidi katika kubadilishana utaalamu, ujuzi na uzoefu baina ya washiriki ikizingatiwa Kuwa nchi nyingi zinazoendelea zipo katika hatua za kibadilisha mbinu za kufanyia kazi ikiwa ni pamoja na kuongezeka Kwa matumizi ya science Kwenye information society.