Monday, February 11, 2013

Ernest Makulilo celebrates in style his son's 2nd birtdhay


Picture
Benedikt Fulbright Makulilo
WHEN LOOKING AT YOU, BENEDIKT


HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY

My dearest son, Benedikt Fulbright Makulilo,

Guess what Benedikt? It is another February 10th. On every change of calendar year, such day is very significant and special to you. It was on February 10th 2011 at 5:42pm Pacific Time when you were born. Today February 10th 2013 you have turned 2 years old. Celebration is not because of the change in date/number rather is the significant changes you have been through in growing as a person, how you have been influential to your mother and I as parents, spouses and persons. But above all, it all about you – you are such a big Blessing from God, and in every way your mother and I have to celebrate the Blessing. It is indicated in the Holy Bible, “…Children are a gift from God; they are real blessing…” (Psalm 127:3)

When looking at you, Benedikt I see your entire future largely depends on me. My behaviors, teachings, love, what I do, how I do and so forth have great impact in your childhood upbringing and will impact your future positively or negatively. As a father, I have been so proud to have my father as my father – in every way I thank him and my mother for their hard work as parents. I would like you not to regret in any way for me to be your father, so I have to make it the best of it as it is written “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it” Proverbs 22:6. It is a huge task as a father to make everything right, but remember I am still a human being. I have my own strengths and weaknesses, learn from me, correct me in a respectful manner, and challenge me in appropriate ways. I have also to learn so many from you; it is a mutual thing between us. I will try my best not provoke you to anger as we are given special wisdom in the Bible “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 4:6). Benedikt remember to have respect not only to your parents but also to everybody and not because of financial status rather because they are human beings. In Exodus 20:12 you have been told to have respect to your parents “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land of the Lord your God is giving you”. In respect, both your mother Marie and I have been respecting you, and will continue to respect you – so do you.

In your first birthday I wrote you a letter. Your mother and I promised you a very special gift. We promised you at one point we are going to start a scholarship fund under your name. We have fulfilled the promise by starting The Benedikt Fulbright Makulilo Scholarship. It is your scholarship; you are in charge of it. But for now because of your age, we will help you on setting up most of things and as time goes on other things which you would like to include will be added in your scholarship fund. The scholarship will be helping poor children in Africa mainly Tanzania to support their dreams through education (books, uniforms, fees, stationeries etc.)

Since January 2013 I have been donating plasma at Octapharma Plasma. In donating plasma one becomes somebody’s hero for life. Plasma helps patients who suffer from variety of illness including burns, shock, infection, trauma, and breathing disorders. The Octapharma Plasma provides small amount of money in each donation as thank you for generosity of donors in life-saving therapies. All the money I have been receiving through Plasma Debit Card I direct donate to your scholarship. On this special day – your birthday, I donate $200 (Two hundred US Dollars) to The Benedikt Fulbright Makulilo Scholarship so that you can also help other children to reach their dreams. I will continue donating plasma and at the same time all the money I will be donating to your scholarship.

Benedikt, as your father I am very much proud of you. You have been insisting on your birthday what you want…..you have been saying you want Donuts with sprinkles as well as getting into the bus and trolley tour. I am definitely going to give you bus and trolley tour. Your mother has already made arrangements for special donut with sprinkles as you requested. It is written, “If a son shall ask for bread for any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? (Luke 11:11). The answer is definitely no; a father will neither give his son a stone nor serpent in place of bread or fish respectively. So apart from what you requested for your birthday, your mother Marie and I will take you to SeaWorld San Diego to experience Shamu show and other attractions.

Your mother has been extremely helpful and the rock of our family in taking care of you and me. She has been outstanding and her love to us is unexplainable. She is amazing. Please continue to be a good boy especially when I will be going away for a little while as part of my job.

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY

I love you so much, son

It’s your loving Baba

Ernest Boniface Makulilo

No comments: